Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happiness in a Muffin Tin

I am currently the poster child of senioritis. The symptoms of this debilitating disease consist of wearing pajamas for hours on end, eating Cheetos while laying on the couch, and asking illogical questions such as, "Can't this paper write itself?" You might think that being a mere two papers away from graduation would mean I would be eager to make my fingers do a little tap dance across the keyboard to finish them up and turn them in. But no, I've been frozen in a state of uselessness in which I dream about what it would feel like to be done with this work, without ever actually making any progress towards finishing the papers. So, just two papers to go - What's the most logical thing to do? Bake. Obviously.

Not that I have any sort of baking skills. Out of pure desperation and boredom during the snowstorm (aka three inches of snow) that completely shut down the city of Atlanta for a full week (the upstate New Yorker in me laughs heartily at this.), I tried to bake a cake from scratch. What could go wrong? Especially since Joey will devour anything that is sweet edible. Yet, somehow, I managed to make a cake that even my garbage disposal husband wouldn't eat.

But I digress. This time, I decided to bake something that even I couldn't ruin. I stumbled across it on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been hungrily eying the recipe ever since. It came without a name, but now that I have created this masterpiece, I have dubbed this treat, "Happiness in a Muffin Tin". It's very, very complicated to make...

Ingredients
  • Break and bake cookies
  • Brownie batter (Not from scratch, silly. From a box.)
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Directions
  1. Leave half written paper up on the computer screen so you can still feign productivity.
  2. Shove a break and bake cookie into the bottom of each muffin tin
  3. Open the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Eat a few.
  4. Take what's left and set one on top of each cookie smoosh
  5. Whip up that brownie batter
  6. Top off each muffin tin with brownie batter until it is about 3/4 full
  7. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes
  8. Eat two before they cool, then share
Behold... the results:
 

Anything that leaves a grease smear of that caliber must be pure deliciousness. I should probably catch senioritis more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment